Orthotics in Scarborough
Get Orthotics in Scarborough, ON
Scarborough is known as the original seaside destination. Visitors have been holidaying here for more than 400 years. It is one of those interesting places with plenty to see and do. The main streets are full of diners, and shops to check out. If you like strolling around and exploring it is a great place to head to.
But if you have painful feet or legs, that is going to slow you down. In that case, you might want to look into being fitted for a set of personalized orthotics in Scarborough, Ontario.
Activa’s Scarborough Clinic has been fitting up locals and visitors with high-grade orthotics for more than two decades now. We would welcome the chance to do the same for you.
it years earlier. These customized devices that patients wear inside of their normal shoes are designed to treat, rehabilitate, and correct a range of conditions that affect the feet, legs, and posture.
They naturally and gently ensure that your weight is distributed evenly. In the way that nature intended. When that happens your posture gradually improves and some of your aches and pains begin to ease. Over time, your feet and, often, your knees, hips and ankles will all start to ache less.
The right set of orthotics are designed to:
- Allow users to achieve even weight distribution while walking or running
- Enhance balance when you are on the move
- Correct the alignment of your gait
- Help to improve your posture
- Ease aching feet and calves
- Improve your mobility
- Enable you to carry on walking for longer as you age
There are two types of orthotics, functional and accommodative. It is important to buy the right kind. Below is a quick overview to help you to understand the difference so you know which type is likely to be best for you.
Let´s first take a look at functional orthotics. Here is an overview of what they can do for you:
- Improve limb function – when your weight is not distributed as it should be over your feet all of your limbs are skewed, over time this puts an unnatural strain on your joints, muscles, and bones, which leads to pain and problems
- Enhance posture – when you stand and walk properly your posture automatically improves
- Encourage the correct movement of your feet and legs – when your feet are properly positioned you walk and run as nature intended
Now, let’s talk about accommodative orthotics. These are designed to enhance your walking and running experience in the following ways:
- Provide additional padding – this reduces the impact hitting the ground has on your feet
- Provide additional support – this helps to protect your feet and lower legs from unnecessary wear and tear
- To keep your feet healthier – when your feet are properly supported and protected your chances of injury are considerably reduced, as are the chances that an existing injury or condition will be aggravated
Over the years, Activa Scarborough’s approach to orthotics has been honed, which is part of the reason we achieve such good results for our clients. We have continually adopted the latest technology. Our experienced team has learned how to get the most from the new measuring techniques, materials, and manufacturing processes.
With the help of podiatrists, doctors, and our physiotherapists we offer a comprehensive treatment plan for every client. Ours is a whole-body approach.
We are very conscious that foot and leg fitness can also affect the back, posture, the cardiovascular system, even the mind. Strange as it may seem, fixing and protecting your feet really can improve your overall health.
Ours is a patient-focused approach, when you come to us, we will first ask you about your:
- Medical history
- Current level of discomfort and movement limitations
- Mobility or pain issues you may have
- Current fitness goals
- Activities – the ones you currently enjoy doing and the ones you want to take up in the future
Armed with all of this information, we will be able to start the process of creating a pair of custom orthotics for you. Even a pair of orthotic shoes if that is what you prefer. We have the experience and skills to do either.
Our custom orthotics are designed to meet the physical needs and fit in with the lifestyle of every patient. That is why we scan your foot and ask plenty of questions before designing and providing you with your orthotics.
Get in touch with Activa Scarborough to discuss the right orthotics for you
“Always beware of orthotics providers who do not offer to modify the foot orthotics themselves. It’s possible that they lack the formal training.” Pedorthic Association of Canada
Our Team Includes:
Book an Appointment
Research shows that even a modest amount of weight loss can make significant improvements to your health. So let us help you reach a healthier weight. At Activa Clinics, we take a whole-body approach. Using a variety of therapies and treatments, we can make it easier to lose weight, solve the associated conditions, and improve your overall health.